Welcome to the story of our first baby!

Welcome to the story of our family.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Our sweet baby girl has arrived!

We woke up this morning just like any other morning (besides being exactly 38 weeks preggo), got ready, and headed to the local deli for bagels.  On the way there, I looked over at Mike and said "I'm pretty sure we are having a baby today so we should probably get the bagels to go." Good thing we got the bagels to go because by the time we got home I was having regularly consistent and powerful contractions.  We called Max's mimi and she headed over to pick him up.  We packed his over night back and sent him off with Mimi.  Off to the hospital we went. 

I was given an IV drip just to make sure the contractions weren't from dehydration.  While the IV was going the contractions were getting significantly more intense so I knew this was IT...we were having a baby today.





A few minutes later the doctor came in and confirmed that I we were scheduled to have the c-section today at 5:30.  It was around noon at this time.  Unfortunately, I had a little bit of that bagel this morning so we had to wait for that to digest before they would do the surgery.    

It was so much different this time.  With Max it was a c-section surprise.  This time, we hung out for a while, got into our surgery gear and then headed to the OR. 





I walked inside, climbed on to the table, and looked around at all the instruments, big lights, nurses, etc.  To be honest, it was a little scary.  I was completely aware that I was about to be cut open and a baby would be pulled out.  Not only was going to undergo major surgery, but I was about to become a mom of TWO!  Could I handle it?  Would she be healthy? Would I continue to be a good mom?  Would I feel my legs again?  Would she have hair and would it be red?  Tons of things were racing through my mind and then all of a sudden I heard her cry.  

It seemed like forever until they brought her over, but then there she was.  Perfect and beautiful.  Weighing in at 6.4 ounces and 18.5 inches long.    


Kendall Reese Killi




  

No comments:

Post a Comment